A Spot of Baking...

As much as I adore fashion I also love baking cakes, I find baking to be very relaxing after a stressful day, what's not to love, i get to mess around in the kitchen and the end result is something yummy and sweet. 

 I started baking for fun and after a while people were asking me to bake cakes for special occasions or asking for the recipe, so i thought i would do this post and  hopefully inspire you to bake some yummy goodness yourself! 
  What you need:
125g Stork Butter

125g Caster Sugar
2 Medium Eggs
125g Self-rising Flour
1teaspoon of Vanilla Extract with seeds
2 tablespoon of Milk


 First and foremost pre heat the over to180dg.

I start by mixing the butter and sugar together until its light and fluffy (4-5mins).
Then I add the eggs mixing for a minute of two.
Sift the flour into the bowl and slowing mix with a spoon to combine the ingredients  Once the mixture is combined add the vanilla and milk, mix for a minute but don’t over mix the batter.  I don’t know the scientific reason for this but if I over mix the batter I find that the cakes are dense.
Spoon the mixture into the cake tins ¾ ways full and put in the oven for 15 minutes.

Vanilla Butter Cream
I use the Hummingbird recipe (you can get the app as well as the cookbook) and everyone seems to love it so here goes:

What you need:
250 g icing sugar, sifted

80 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
25 ml whole milk
A couple of drops of vanilla extract
Beat the icing sugar and butter together on a medium speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.

Combine the milk and vanilla extract and then add to the butter mixture a couple of tablespoons at a time. Once all the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes.

The longer the frosting is beaten, the fluffier and lighter it becomes. Then I bag it up and put it in the fridge for 20 mins to make the frosting easy to apply.

I made the below cakes for my Daughters friends Birthday Party, she adores Joey Essex!


here are some other cakes i have baked lately. 
Txx


2 comments:

  1. Great post �� I love baking as well and this seems like such a simple and easy recipe! Will be trying it out!

    http://eeshasglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eesha,

      Let me know how you get on.

      Txx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment, I really appreciate them and will reply as soon as possible.

Tracy xx

//